Wrap Up on Welcome Weekend in to Junior Year!


    
Coming back to Ohio Northern University (ONU) after Welcome Weekend as an Orientation Leader has been fun! Welcome Weekend was a great ball of joy. I had fun dancing with their other Orientation Leaders while getting to play games and making new friends while helping the new freshman get acclimated to campus. It makes me sad that the Welcome Weekend is over, but I am excited about my junior year.

    To start off my junior year I have some early classes, but I get done by 1 pm which is better than last year when I wouldn't get done by 3 pm. Already I feel kind of overwhelmed with the workload including some of the accounting classes that I am taking this summer. I felt that I haven't even got any of my questions answered about assignments along with how to access the assignments on a new school platform that ONU got called Canvas.


    I have personally liked using this platform because how it is easier to access assignments and look at assignments. However, some other platforms that I am using for my accounting classes like Connect have been a little tricky to learn how to do assignments along with learning how to answer Certified Public Accountant (CPA) questions when I am only a junior. I think is insane to start to learn some questions of the CPA exam now in class. Despite learning new learning software I am excited to start my junior year at ONU and what the year brings. 





Comments

  1. I feel the same way about Canvas- it is definitely nice to have a sleeker and more modern LMS, but it has been difficult to use Connect for some of my courses. I'm sure it will get easier to use at the year goes on (hopefully)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canvas definitely has taken some getting used to, but I feel like long term it will work out for students and professors much better than Moodle ever did. Best of luck on your junior year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1