Let's Tweet about National Polar Bear Day!

 For my social media class, I had an assignment that I had to do on Twitter. The assignment was mainly about tweeting about an event for about 30 to 45 minutes. I did my Twitter assignment on an event that we had on campus called National Polar Bear Day which celebrated ONU's 150th anniversary. They had games, an iceless skating rink, and food at this event. I didn't do the iceless skating rink but I did enjoy myself by playing other games here are some of my tweets from the event!


 Being at National Polar Bear Day was so much fun! When I got there I made a paper polar bear for my door, then I won a stuffed polar bear and got a picture with 10 people at the photo booth which was a lot of people to fit in and get a picture with. But the most fun out of my day was getting to watch my friends get on the iceless skating rink! My one friend Maddie fell immediately when she got out on the rink and we all started laughing. Later, my friend and I played a polar bear bucket game and if you got the bear in the bucket you won candy! I won and got Reese's egg candy! Then I ran into my good friend Gizem and played at the game that she is working at where you had to make an airplane and a polar bear then fly your airplane to see which country you landed in, to be put in for a raffle basket. I had a lot of fun making my bear but it was really hard because it was very windy! Overall, I enjoyed the event and will probably go again next year but probably won't tweet about every 5 minutes. But if you want to tune in on my tweets and see what I am interested then go follow my Twitter account @aroberts_39! 






Comments

  1. That's so fun that you went to the National Polar Bear Day activities! I sadly couldn't attend but from your blog it seems like it was a great time. An iceless skating rink sounds pretty cool, I don't think I have ever seen something like that. I love to ice skate, but I am nowhere near good haha. Like your friend, I would have probably fallen once or twice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you got the chance to go out to celebrate National Polar Bear Day! The weather, besides the wind, was gorgeous as well. The library had cookies and hot chocolate set out for a little bit after 4 so I took my Ada Friend by. He said the cookies were very good and was surprised that ONU has been around for 150 years. ONU has a great amount of pride in being a polar bear, and I hope I can come to the celebration next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not get to make it to Polar Bear Day, but it seemed like so much fun! I'm glad you and all of your friends had a good time, I hope I can make it to it next year! I really wanted to try the skating rink and win a stuffed polar bear. There was so many activities that would have been so fun to participate in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it was a really fun event! I wish I was able to go, hopefully they will do this event again next year. I think the ice skating would have been really fun, in between all of the falling lol. SPC events are always fun, I wish I had more time to go to them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1