I went to a Hypnotist Show!!

    Over the weekend my friends and I attended to go see a hypnotist show whose hypnotist was Evan Gambardella.  I have never been to a hypnotist show or been hypnotized. Also, I kind of believed in hypnotism until I went to the show. When I walked in there was a good size crowd. I sat right next to my friends and the show started. At first, I was like "Oh this is just going to be a normal hypnotist show," well I was wrong. He had us do an activity to see if we could be hypnotized which I didn't pass the test to get hypnotized because I couldn't focus, and I was giggling the whole time he was giving us instructions. Once we got done with the first test a few people that passed went up to the stage and a couple minutes later they were hypnotized. Evan had them act out being their most feared animal, there was an alien invasion, horse racing, a disorientated family, and at the end he had them roast him. A couple of my favorite moments is the alien invasion and having hypnotized people roasting him. From the alien invasion, one of the people put a trash can on their head and ran around the room with it! Then, the roasting topped off the whole performance. Throughout the performance I had two hypnotized people come up to me! Let me tell you it was kind of weird but fun at the same time. Overall, the whole experience was hilarious, and I am going back next year!


Comments

  1. I wish I would've went to go see the hypnotist! Hypnotism scares me quite a bit, but I would love to go watch other people be hypnotized. It is insane how many crazy things people start doing. All Friday night I was watching absurd Snapchat stories from the show. I am glad you had a great time, and maybe I'll join you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my freshman year when I saw the hypnotist! This was pre-covid, so we were in the gym and there were so many people there. One of my friends who we never thought would be able to get hypnotized actually was able to. They always think of the funniest stuff to do to the hypnotized people, I wish I could've gone this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard it was a really cool experience. How did he go about hypnotizing people? Also what was your favorite roast? I really hope that there is another chance to see something like this. I was unable to go due to a meeting i had schedualed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So when he would hypnotize people he would go up to them and have them breath in and out then pitch a nerve on them and they would pass out! Also, my favorite roast would have to be about his shirt being unbuttoned and how he unbuttoned it because he knew he would be coming to a college full of young adults...that was a pretty funny roast! But, I think you will get another chance to see a hypnotist there has been some talk that they might bring him back next year.

      Delete
  4. I too never really believed in hypnotism until my high school had one our senior year. It was crazy because when he was hypnotizing on stage multiple people from the audience also got hypnotized. Sadly I wasn't able to participate because I broke my collarbone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am yet again jealous as I have missed out on the hypnotist show every year that I have been here and will graduate knowing I never got to experience the ONU Hypnotist

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1