Sad End to the Mimic Social

    Hey guys! Back again with another blog but this time I am going to talk about a simulation that I had to do for my Principles of Social Media class which was called "Mimic Social." This simulation was designed for us to learn more about the social media marketing world from being in a marketer's shoes. I have to say it was very fun to learn more about social media marketing by using the simulation. In addition, I got to learn more about each social media platform and the analytics behind those platforms. Some metrics that I learned from the simulation are impressions, how profit is made on each post and awareness. Another thing that I like about the simulation is how you could get influencers to promote your business from being a brand ambassador to branded content and giveaways. By using these options for the business I was able to see how much revenue influencers can bring to the business and how effective it was for the social media platforms. Also, got to see how certain influencers work for certain options for the business and which options were best for the influencers. From the simulation, I also learned about how to target specific audiences and how to promote your products on certain platforms plus what platforms to use and what posts or pictures you should use for the audience that you are targeting. Overall, I think that this simulation of social media marketing was very helpful to use and learn about social media marketing and how certain platforms worked and see their analytics of certain posts. 


Comments

  1. I had no clue how all the metrics worked behind social media before using Mimic Social. This program was a great way to introduce students to the world of social media marketing. It allows students to experiment with different functions to appease the company. I have to say the first half of the simulation was a big-time consumer. It went by a lot faster once we got to the influencers. Overall, I am glad that this course introduced me to all the aspects of social media marketing. Hopefully, it helps me with my internship this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1