Qualifying for OAC!!

This past weekend was kind of stressful but fun at the same time. My coach told me a couple of days before the meet that I was just about an inch away from qualifying for Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) for triple jump. I was already nervous enough when the day came. That day we traveled to Wittenberg for the track meet and there were a lot of teams. But I did get to see some of my old teammates from my high school which was nice to see them. Later, in the meet, I started to triple jump I knew I had to jump further to qualify for OACs. They called my name to jump so I ran down the runway and landed right into the sand! I qualified for OAC with a jump of 30 feet 11 inches which was a personal record (PR) for me too! I was excited knowing that I PR and qualified for OAC. But not only did I qualify for OACs for triple jump so did my three other teammates Rylie, Kenz, and Chloe which is awesome! I am so excited that my teammates and I are all qualified to go to OAC. Once the whole meet was done we got on the bus and drove back home. But, let me tell you once I got back to my room, I got ready for bed and immediately fell to sleep. I didn't realize how tiring it would be just doing one event at a meet until now. I know that the weekend of OAC will have a lot of competition and I am excited to see what is going to happen. But I have a feeling that our ONU track team is going to do amazing things the weekend of OAC!



Comments

  1. I am so proud of you for qualifying for OACs! We just won our first round OAC tournament game and are heading to JCU Thursday night. College sports are exhausting! I remember that I felt like I could play a whole game after finishing one in high school, but that is not the case now. My eyes are half asleep as I am writing this on our bus. Keep up the great work! I cannot wait to hear all about OACs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on qualifying for the OAC and setting a new PR! That's really impressive and I know it must be really exciting to represent the school for the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ammryn!! I'm so excited you qualified for OAC's! That's such a big accomplishment, and you should be excited that all your hard work is paying off. My best advice for you for next week is to have fun, don't worry about how far you're jumping, and focus on being aggressive and competitive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congrats on accomplishing your goals! You deserve to compete with all the hardwork and grit you have showcased throughout this year! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so incredible that you qualified for OAC's and set a new PR! I bet it must feel amazing to represent ONU.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1