Snowed in on my Birthday!

    On February 3rd I turned 20! Whoop, Whoop! I don’t exactly feel that old, but if my grandpa was here, would say that when you turn 20, you're officially a young lady. What did I do on my birthday you might ask? Not that much since Ada was on a level 3 so my friends and I weren’t able to go anywhere to celebrate. Before level 3 was announced, my friends wanted to have a snowball fight, but I wasn’t up for it then one of my good friends Gizem came to my dorm to drop off cookies, for my birthday. I was so excited to see her and get the cookies! After I got my cookies, I went to go find my friends so I walked into the freshman dorms and ended up running into some of my track friends. We talked about the upcoming meet and the snow outside. An hour passed, I went to go find my friends, and they were all working on homework I didn’t have my bookbag on me, so I sat in the room in silence until it was time for dinner. After, dinner I talked to my sister on the phone and my aunt. Once I was done talking, I was wanted to do something fun for my birthday since I was not having fun at all, so I texted my friends Brooke and Abby to see what they were doing and I walked over to Brooke’s dorm to hang out with them. We worked on homework a bit and we were supposed to watch a movie but instead, we watch the Olympics with Rylie who is a friend of mine and a neighbor of Brooke’s. Throughout the night we watched figure skating and laughed about Tic Toks which brighten up my day. I was so happy to spend my 20th birthday with my friends even though we were snowed in, but I think I made up for it in the end!


Comments

  1. Happy late birthday! It seems from your blog that even though we were on a level 3 and couldn't go anywhere, you still made the most of your birthday and had a fun time with friends. I haven't watched any of the Winter Olympics yet but from what I've seen online, it seems that they are going good. Maybe I'll have to watch some of it this week with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your 20 years old? I got to say you're the grandma of the friend group. I'm just kidding! I am so happy that you came down to hang out with us. Abby and I were beyond stressed with homework, and you brightened up our day so much. Another positive of this day was that we got to be in the same group on zoom! Per usual, we talked half the time, and then decided to do our work. I am so grateful to have spent time with you on our snow days. Through the stress of school, I have found that little moments with great people make the hardships of college worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday! So sorry your birthday was covered in snow! My birthday was January 27th, so I understand your pain. I didn't get to do much for my birthday, either. I am glad that your friends came through for you to help you make your day brighter! Mine did the same for me! Anyway, Happy late Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday again Ammryn! That's so nice of Gizem to bring you cookies!! She is a sweetheart and such a great teammate. I wish we could have had the big snowball fight with the track team, I think it would have been a lot of fun. I tried to build a snowman/make snowballs but the snow wasn't sticky enough :( It sounds like you still had a fun birthday though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1