Traveling Back Home for the Weekend

    This past weekend, I got to travel back home to see my family and my dog, Koby! After the craziness that happen last week with the storm. The roads were clear enough for me to travel back home. When I got back, right when I walked through our entrance door my dog was so excited to see me that he gave me kisses when I walked through the door. I am not going to lie I was more excited to see my dog than my family. But my weekend got even better! On Saturday, my mom told me that we would be heading out to my aunt's house to have a little get-together with our family since my cousin and I were coming home. That night, we went to their house and saw my family, but we brought an ice cream cake to share with everyone since I didn't have a cake on my birthday. At her house, I got to talk with my cousin and my family, and tell them how I am doing at ONU which was nice to talk about since a lot of things have happened since I have been away. We had baked spaghetti and garlic bread to eat that night and it was nice to have a homecooked meal again after eating McIntosh food for 4 weeks. Later in the evening, we got out the ice cream cake and my mom asked me if I wanted "Happy Birthday" to be sung to me and I said "no," because I didn't see a point since my birthday passed. But one of my aunts insisted that they sing "Happy Birthday" to me since their youngest daughter loved singing it but let me tell you she didn't sing "Happy Birthday" to me at all, she just stood there and stared at me smiling. That night is one that I will remember! Overall, I had a great time being back home for the weekend and I can't wait to go back when it's a little warmer!


Comments

  1. That's awesome you were able to go home for the weekend and see your family and your dog! I too actually went home Sunday for the afternoon and got to hang out with my family and my pets (my cat Gregory and golden retriever Stella) for a little bit. Although it wasn't a whole weekend like yours, it was a nice little break away from school and quality time with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you got to go home for the weekend! It is always a blessing to be around family, friends, and great food. Trust me, I beg my mom to bring me leftover dinner for after every home game. My family does ice cream cakes for birthdays too! We are just not huge cake fans so my mom makes sure to go to Dairy Queen to pick one up so we can celebrate. My dad's 50th birthday is over spring break so I'm sure we will have a big celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is so cute. I cannot wait to go back home and see my family and my pets. I love celebrating birthday's at anytime so I would have indulged in the Ice Cream cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous you got to see your dogs. It feels like its been 2 years since I have been able to hold my tiny dogos. And I feel the same way about how seeing your dog is better than seeing your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took my dog home this weekend so I miss him like crazy! With my crazy theatre schedule, it is so much better that he can spend the next few weeks with my parents and his brother. It never gets easier to leave him, so I am trying everything I can to distract myself. It's awesome you got to see all your family! Ice cream cake is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home cooked meals with family, and dogs, always taste that much better! It's been a while since I've been able to head home for a weekend, but I could really go for a home cooked meal right about now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1