One Person That Changed My Point of View on Life

    Back when I was a Junior in high school I thought the year of 2019-2020 was going to be the same as any year. Until I met an exchange student. I will forever remember that night when I met my friend, Aruzhan. Meeting her changed my life entirely because I became a more confident individual and she changed my view point on the world. How did I meet her? You might ask, well I met Aruzhan at a home basketball game. I watched and cheered on the Chieftains when Ms. Snipes my principal came to me and pointed out the exchange student who was quietly sitting alone in this noisy and rambunctious crowd. Ms. Snipes told me that I was just the type of friend that the exchange student needed. I approached her in front of an enormous crowd. I was nervous. My mind was racing, thinking of what she might say. I asked her if she wanted to sit with my friends and me, then she said, “Yes.” Little did I know the importance that one little word would have on my life. I am incredibly grateful that Ms. Snipes trusted me that evening as I gained the most beautiful friend. I learned so much about who she was and her culture while we laughed throughout the evening. To this day, her host parents remind me of that night and how welcoming and accepted I made her feel. Aruzhan even said that she was so glad that I came to her at that game and talked to her. Even, my friends were also happy that they met Aruzhan when Covid hit she had to go home earlier than excepted. To be honest, I wished we had more time with her but with this experience didn’t just change her, but I also learned that I needed to put myself out there and meet new people because you never know what friends you will make and just how a person can impact your life. So, my question is have you met someone that has impacted your life?





Comments

  1. I think that it is so cool that you met someone that has impacted your life as much as it has! My brother is definetly the person who has impacted me the most in my life. He has always been my best friend growing up and I've always looked up to him. I think people like your friend Aruzhan and my brother Zach help shape who we are and make us better people all around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1