ONU Life Week 14

    Welcome back to another life update with me! I know it has been some time since I talked about what is going on with my life but trust me it has been I very unexcepted year for me but I want to talk about the exciting things that happened this weekend with me! This past weekend one of the organization's that I am involved with called Sister to Sister held a Brown Girls Brunch event which was so exciting to do because it was our very first one that we put on! We had about over 40 people that showed up to our event which was very exciting to see! We had purple and white decorations and delicious food plus everyone was dressed up for the event which was amazing to see! In addition, we had a presentation about what Sister to Sister is and had a speaker that talked about what kind of influencers we look up to. At the end of the event, we had our guests make little self-care bags that had facemasks, chapsticks and hand lotion for them to take home. Overall, the event had a great turnout and we are all planning on having it next year! 

    Later in the day, I went to the track meet that was being held here at ONU to see some of my teammates. I will say it was so exciting to see all of my teammates again and cheer them on in their events. But I will say it was very hot on Saturday and where ever I looked around everyone had a very bad sunburn. I got sunburn on my shoulders, but it wasn't as bad as some people that I saw that day. In the evening my friends told me earlier in the week that there was a comedian coming to ONU so we went that night to go see him. I will say he was funny but not as funny as the hypnotist that we had a couple of months ago. In all, I think I had a fun and very busy weekend. I just hope that this nice weather that we are having stays here just a little longer I really don't want to go back to the cold weather. Next week I will be talking about my last week here at ONU and talking about my freshman year so stay tuned for that!




Comments

  1. My teammates went to Brown Girls Brunch, and I heard they had a great time! They complimented the attention to detail of the entire event. Of course, I knew who was at the head of all the brunch preparations and gave you proper credit. I can say I was one of those students walking around with sunburn on Saturday. It was the first time I've been in the direct sun since I started taking Accutane. Today is Tuesday, and I am still burnt. It is unbelievable that we are at the end of the semester. I can't wait to read your recap blog next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have yet to get sunburn this year! I have not been outside enough because I am not involved in sports or any of that. It is also too cold for me to wear short sleeves and shorts. I did not get the chance to go to the comedian show but I wanted to. I also did not get to the see a hypnotist. That seems like it would have been so fun. I hope I get to go to more events like that next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1