Time to learn about Social Media Marketing: Chapter 12

   In Chapter 12 in "Essentials of Social Media Marketing," I learned more about blogs, vlogs, podcasts and webinars. Reading through this chapter I really wanted to focus on blogs since we write them so much! What I learned more from reading this chapter about blogging is that you need to set goals for blogging like metrics on click or click-through rate, engagements, number of visitors, leads, website traffic, social shares, number of blog or email subscribers and time spent on a page. The next thing that I learned was to identify the target market which is the audience that you are targeting with your blogs. Furthermore, in creating a Blog Site some elements that I learned to consider are an "about" page, consistent branding and color schemes, content categories for blog posts, highlighting blog authors, popular posts, related posts or archived posts, blog post templates with the ability to include graphic and videos, search function, sharing buttons and subscribe buttons. I thought that all these elements were helpful to learn about creating a Blog Site. I also learned about brainstorming topics and post types like addressing customer questions or providing insights into industry trends. The last thing that I found interesting is creating an editorial and distribution strategy. This editorial strategy will help determine who will be writing and editing the blog content as well as the subject matter experts who need to be involved to contribute content. The other strategy is the blog distribution strategy which will determine the number of blogs and how often and when to post them. I think from reading about these strategies ai have learned more about how to use them in my blogs. Overall, I think that this chapter was helpful to let me learn more about blogging and how to use certain features for blogs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1