Movie Review: Elemental

    Have you heard about the new movie called Elemental? I heard of it when it was in theaters but didn't watch the trailer. When I saw it on Disney+ I knew I had to watch it! I was talking with my friend about it, and she was always interested in watching the movie it was cheesy but it was moving!

   The movie was based on the director Peter Sohn's childhood growing up in an ethnic family and his family's immigration story to the United States. In the movie, there are different elements such as earth, wind, fire, and water. In the movie, the story is about a fire element named Ember and how her family moved from their homeland to a different place to call home in Element City. Throughout the movie, it shows how Ember's family works hard to make their own life and business in Element City. Including Ember's father going to give the business to Ember in the future when she is ready. Ember has a temper and is learning how to connect with customers in the business but is conflicted if she wants to take over her father's business. 
    Later in the movie, Ember meets Wade a water element, they fall in love with each other throughout the movie, but Wade is so open to letting Ember get close to him and tells her she can follow her own dreams. Ember gets more conflicted on whether she should follow her dream and be with Wade rather than sacrifice her father's business or give up loving Wade and her dream to run and take over their father's business.

    Spoiler alert! The ending was amazing, and I loved it! Ember accepts to be in love with Wade and follows her dreams while her father's business is run by locals in their town.

    Overall, I give this movie a 9 out of 10. I thought the movie was heartwarming and was a great movie to learn about different ethnicities and backgrounds and learn about having an open mind and heart to new experiences. In addition, to the animation and music that was picked for the movie. Let me know if you have recently seen it or are interested in watching it?





Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to see this movie but haven't found the perfect time to watch it! I had no clue about the story line being based on the director's childhood and his unique upbringing, but now that I do I will definitely have to watch it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1