First Time at PRSSA ICON!

 This past weekend I traveled to Nashville, Tennessee for the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) international conference (ICON) for the first time! It was a unique experience for me since it was my first time going as well as seeing one of my professors Alisa Agozzino who goes by Aggie receive the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Outstanding Educator Award.

At the conference, I heard from various speakers two interesting topics that I enjoyed Artificial Intelligence (AI) and The Race Card Project. From the AI session on learned about the innovations of AI plus how Public Relations professionals can utilize AI for brainstorming. The other session which was after Aggie received her award was The Race Card Project campaign. I learned so much about this campaign! The person who ran this her name is Michele Norris, she started this campaign by asking people around the world to share their experiences about their identity in just six words as a starting point for a conversation about race. Her presentation was amazing! It was so engaging, and she had a couple of postcards on her slides that people wrote along with explaining how you could tell the difference between different handwritings. I loved the presentation because there was such a bigger meaning to it so people could express their thoughts and feelings about how they felt on a postcard with just six words.

However, the highlight of my trip was watching Aggie receive her award and celebrating it with her. Let's just say the group of students that went on the trip was the best hype squad! I loved Aggie's speech it even made me tear up a little. Of course, during her speech, we had to yell the Ohio Northern University PRSSA chant "PR PR RAH RAH RAH" which she giggled a bit when we did. In all, I was grateful to be able to come to the conference and celebrate this moment with my fellow students to see Aggie receive the PRSA Outstanding Educator Award. Also, the PRSSA ICON will be at Disneyland next year!





Comments

  1. I am so bummed I had to miss out on ICON, but I am so glad that you had an amazing time! It it so sweet seeing how you all were able to celebrate Aggie and her amazing award! I loved receiving all the pictures from your trip as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1