Living in a Tourist Spot

    If you are not familiar with Hocking Hills it is a national state park located in Logan, Ohio. I live here and I get a lot of questions about do I go hiking a lot, what is it like living in a tourist spot, and wow you are lucky to live there! Thinking about all these comments I reflected on what it was like living in Hocking Hills when I was younger to now.

I realized that so much has changed from when I was a little girl to being a woman now. Back in the day, we didn't have as many boutique shops and little restaurants to eat at along with so many coffee places. Ever since 2020, Hocking Hills has been thriving all year around. It makes me very happy about the place that I live in along with seeing it grow throughout the years. 

I do have some favorite spots and things to do in Hocking Hills:

1. Going to the Coffee Emporium and getting the Whispering White Mocha Iced with almond milk. It is one of my favorite coffee choices that I have ever had in my life which I don't know why but it has just the right mixture in it.

2. Hiking from Old Man's Cave to Cedar Falls. This hike will make your legs feel like jelly after it! I love this hike so much because of the scenery and it is a good mixture of having a little bit of climbing to just walking at the end, but it depends on if you take the easy way first or the harder part first.

3. Festivals. Whenever there is a festival in town it is always a great time to see all the tourists walking around and getting to talk with them about where they have been or where they are going.

In all, I have seen growth in Logan for so many years and I am excited to see what it will look like in the next couple of years!


Comments

  1. I love going to Hocking Hills! The hiking trails are so beautiful in the fall especially, even though they can be somewhat difficult. Old Man's Cave to Cedar Falls always makes me exhausted but it is always worth it! I also love going to Ash Cave, as it is the perfect spot to have a picnic in the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1