Thanksgiving Break Fun!!

    I have to say this past week felt like it went by too fast! I was on Thanksgiving break, and I had so much fun! Each day felt like there was something new to enjoy whether it was hanging out with some college friends, spending time with my family or just relaxing by myself it was the best break I had in a long time.

    Things didn't really kick off for me until Sunday when I pretty much relaxed the whole day until later in the evening, I went to visit my grandma in the hospital and we talked about what I was doing in college and what my plans were for Thanksgiving break.

    On Monday, I just relaxed some more and started to make plans to visit Megan and Chelsea Baker whom I call the Baker Twins in Troy, Ohio on Tuesday. In addition, I have an internship this winter with my local school district back at home called Project Safe. I will be doing Public Relations work with them pretty much revamping and making their Project Safe along with the other schools in the district having eye-catching work to build a connection with parents, students and the district to the Logan Community. I worked on some of my internship work by taking notes on what we talked about in the last meeting that we had around Fall Break to have them prepared before Tuesday.

    On Tuesday, I had a meeting scheduled with my supervisor for my internship about the projects that I would be working on along with some ideas that I had for them for Project Safe. Once, I was done there I went back to my house to start packing for my trip to Troy to see the Baker Twins. Later that night, I got to meet their dog Dobby and their cat Lucy. Let's just say Dobby was a bigger fan of mine than Lucy! The Baker's family was super nice! The Baker twin's mother made Italian soup which was delicious with salad and garlic bread on the side then for dessert I bought brownies. After we had dinner, we watched Dancing with the Stars, and let me tell you! Spoiler alert Harry Jowsey and Rylee Arnold were eliminated and let's just say it was the best night ever to hear that news!

    On Wednesday, Chelsea had to work so Megan showed me around Troy and took me to a coffee place called Winans, where I got a Sugar Cookie Latte with Almond Milk with caramel drizzle, and it was good. Megan showed me other places around Troy and we even went to where one of our friends Maiya got engaged which was so cute to see!

    Turkey Day! It was an early morning for me, I helped with my family's 5K called the Maddy Schein Memorial 5K. I was at registration and running back and forth helping where I could, but we had over 500 people sign up to honor her which was amazing!  Of course, I helped clean up after the race then I got ready for Thanksgiving which was a little bit different this year due to my grandma being in the hospital, but I loved every second of our plan on how we were going to spend Thanksgiving with her. We made-to-go boxes of our Thanksgiving food and brought them to the hospital to eat with my grandma. In addition, we played some Thanksgiving games that I found on Pinterest which everyone loved playing.

    On Friday, I went to see the new movie Wish movie it was so cute, and it highlighted Disney characters in all the Disney movies which I thought was amazing! But my favorite character from the movie was Star so I would recommend you go see it!

    To wrap up my weekend I spent some time with my older sister and my niece. We went to Lancaster, Ohio to get her car and an oil change as well as shopping for Christmas gifts and tidying up my grandma's room so when she gets back from the hospital, she doesn't have to worry about it! 

    Overall, my Thanksgiving break was such a fun time with family and friends! What was your favorite part about Thanksgiving break?



Comments

  1. That sounds like such an amazing and busy Thanksgiving Break! There is just so much to be thankful for this year! My Thanksgiving was quite relaxing, which was good since the next few weeks of school will be stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you kept busy! My favorite part of break was definitely getting to spend time with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome at the Baker house anyday! Come back soon please!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Weekend!

Bellefontaine Trip

ONU Life Week 1